[Skip to content]

Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute valuation Joint Board
Search our Site

Welcome to the Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute Valuation Joint Board Web Site


The Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute Valuation Joint Board was established as part of the 1996 reorganisation of local government in terms of The Valuation Joint Boards (Scotland) Order 1995 and is vested with the functions of the three valuation authorities (Argyll & Bute Council , East Dunbartonshire Council and West Dunbartonshire Council) in the former Strathclyde Region. With the agreement of the three councils the Board also has responsibility for the Electoral Registration function.


On the following pages you will find out about the Assessor and Electoral Registration Officer and his staff, the Valuation Roll , Council Tax List and Electoral Register . In addition you can find information about the structure of the Joint Board, its Convener and membership.


The site also contains details of how to contact the Assessor's office.


The Assessor is responsible for non-domestic valuation for rating, council tax valuation for domestic subjects and in his role as Electoral Registration Officer, the compilation of the electoral register .


Latest News


To keep up to date with all of our latest news please visit our Latest News page here >>>>







To make an Electronic Return of your Household Enquiry Form please click the link below




Electoral Registration Forms will be posted to every residential property in Argyll & Bute, East Dunbartonshire and West Dunbartonshire during the month of August, listing the registration details currently held by the Electoral Registration Officer.  It is important that you respond to these forms, whether there are changes to be made or not.  Click here to read more >>>>



VACANCY - Clerical Assistant, Campbeltown


Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute Valuation Joint Board provide Electoral Registration and Local Taxation Valuation Services for Argyll & Bute and East and West Dunbartonshire Council areas. We do this from two locations, Campbeltown and Clydebank.
We are looking to recruit a new clerical assistant in our Campbeltown office to help support the provision of these services.  If you like working with the public and in a busy environment then we'd like to hear from you.
See https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/councils/west-dunbartonshire-council/jobs/clerical-assistant-campbeltown-22545 for more information.
Applications close on Friday 7th August and interview are currently scheduled for 21st August.






1 APRIL 2014 TO 31 MARCH 2015



Notice is hereby given, under section 195 (public notices) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973 Regulation 9, that:
  • Copies of the unaudited accounts of DUNBARTONSHIRE AND ARGYLL & BUTE VALUATION JOINT BOARD for the period from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015, will be available for public inspection in the offices of the TREASURER, DUNBARTONSHIRE AND ARGYLL AND BUTE VALUATION JOINT BOARD, GARSHAKE ROAD, DUMBARTON and CLYDEBANK MUNICIPAL BANK, COUNCIL OFFICES, ROSEBERY PLACE, CLYDEBANK  between the hours of 9.15 a.m. to 1.00p.m. and 2.00p.m. to 4.00p.m. Monday to Friday from 1 July 2015 to 29 July 2015, both days inclusive;  Click here to read more >>>>



The Open Register - How do I opt out of the Open Register?


Like all registration offices, we keep two registers - the Electoral Register and the Open Register (previously known as the edited register).  Click here to read more >>>>


Individual Electoral Registration Goes Live


The way people register to vote has changed.


Individual Electoral Registration


This is a new system of registration which has been introduced to ensure greater confidence as to the identity of electors and improved access to the registration process.


Individual registration will require each person to register themselves and to provide personal identifiers - date of birth and national insurance number. This will allow registration officers to cross check the information provided against national databases and other council records before a person is added to the register.


To register online under the new system

You need to provide a few more details to register – including your national insurance number and date of birth. This makes the electoral register more secure.

  • Visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
  • Fill in your name, address, date of birth and other information. You’ll also need your National Insurance number, which can be found on your National Insurance card, or in official paperwork such as payslips, or letters about benefits or tax credits.
  • When your information is verified, we will send you an acknowledgment letter.


To read our Privacy Impact Assessment click here


For more information, see answers to some key questions click here


West Dunbartonshire - from the banks of Loch Lomond to the shores of Clyde
Text Size: